Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Terrific Post on the PSERS Crisis

A school board member in Northwestern Lehigh School District runs his own blog, Pride and Promise. I was going to do a lengthy post on the House Bill that is set to address the PSERS issue but this blog beat me to it. I don't think I could have done a better job explaining this myself.

Please check out Paul Fischer's post on the PSERS crisis here:

http://prideandpromise.com/2010/06/11/the-psers-crisis-kicking-the-can-further-down-the-road-with-hb-2497/

The idea here is that the HB actually kicks the can down the road again. It has the short term effect of slightly lowering employer contributions but in the long term it will cost taxpayers billions ($52 billion according to some)more than simply sticking with the bad plan we already have.

Thanks for reading.

James