Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Quick Note

I'll post more regarding last night's vote. I am still going through emails from residents at the moment and trying to respond to them.

I wanted to take a moment to correct the record on some of the publicity surrounding yesterday's meeting. This topic brought many interests to the forefront and the media was one interest that does follow my blogs and the local blogs in Mt Lebanon. Many reporters live here as residents in Mt Lebanon. I was contacted by KDKA's Marty Griffin. The media contacting our home is not unusual. KDKA ended up coming out to my work and I was interviewed during my lunch hour. Unfortunately the evening news showed a portion of an interview where I was relaying a common thread from emails received from a community members, but it appears to many (myself included) that I am saying I am moving from Mt Lebanon if this high school project proceeds as planned. We are not moving. We have no intention to leave the area and as I often say, If I were to win the lottery tomorrow, I would stay in the same house I am in now. Our family does have to make some adjustments in saving, as do most families to their personal budgets, when this tax increase occurs. My family and I did move into a lower-assessed value home over the Summer in order to better prepare ourselves for a very long stay in Mt Lebanon. We have absolutely no intent to leave the area.

Thanks for listening. I plan on setting the record straight on some of the accusations that came up last night. That will have to wait until another day.

But, I want to thank EVERYONE who voiced their opinions last night. With the public advertisements for the Act 34 hearing ready to go out shortly, I expect the February 22nd meeting to have even more people attend than did last night.
James