Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Blog Mission

This will be my first blogging experience, well, except for the posts I have made over at BlogLebo. The goal here is to communicate more effectively with members of the community. Many decisions I make as a School Board member are not easily explainable during a meeting, and besides, most residents and other Board members don't always know what thinking has gone into making a decision or casting a vote a particular way. This blog will attempt to shed light on some of the processes involved in my decision making as well as present information to the public that I have researched in order to come to my decisions.

This blog will absolutely not have a focus on any other member of the Board besides myself. That is not fair to them since I have no way of knowing what information other Board members use to come up with their decisions. But, I do know how I think and that thinking is what I will try to communicate here.

I will read all emails sent to my email account james.fraasch@gmail.com but I will not post reader comments in whole on this blog. If you send me an email, I may post parts or all of it to help make or break one of my ideas. I appreciate that kind of feedback.

Look for a posting about the MTLSD Budget in the next week or so.

I will try to post at least once a week.

Thanks for stopping in.